Job no: 545219
Work type: Full time
Site: Warrington, Riverside Retail Park
Categories: Retail Management
Salary: £26,000 - £29,000 per year.
Business Area: Retail
This is for a Designate position and will include retail stores within 1 hours drive of our Warrington store.
Our Deputy Managers are brilliant retail leaders, accountable for the day to day running of our stores in the absence of the Store Manager.
With experience in a junior management role already under your belt, this is an opportunity to take your career to the next level. You’ll be responsible for the customer experience, for maximising profit and minimising loss, and will ensure your store colleagues are clear on their sales targets and delivering Customer First behaviours at all times.
Colleagues and customers are at the heart of this role. You’ll encourage, praise and celebrate success with your team, and create an environment where both colleagues and customers feel valued, building trust and loyalty. A keen operator, you’ll also have a strong sense of what our competitors are doing and will have a passion to win through consistent excellence in delivery. You’ll be a visible and central presence on our sales floor, leading by example.
Day to day you’ll ensure effective planning in store deployment, operational and commercial changes, and stock protocols. You’ll support the recruitment, development and management of our store colleagues, and will drive great engagement with your team. Creating a culture of customer excellence, you’ll ensure that effective targets are set and delivered, with customer satisfaction a priority. Operational compliance will ensure that standards are met and our customers and teams are protected.
You’ll need the following skills and experience for success in this role:
- Experience in a junior management role, ideally in a retail sales environment
- Experience of managing colleagues and one to one coaching
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across health and safety and retail operational standards
- Experience of labour force scheduling, and associated time management skills
- Experience of delivering coaching/training in the moment to ensure that customers have a great experience
- A track record of success in delivering against sales targets, including attachment sales
- Evidence of delivering against customer metrics
- Evidence of commercial acumen and an appreciation of current operating environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- IT proficient, with experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the aptitude to learn in-house systems
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Life insurance
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results