Job no: 545187
Work type: Full time
Categories: Mechanic, Autocentre Colleagues
Salary: £26,252 to £29,116 per year + bonus
Business Area: National Tyres and Autocare
Experienced Vehicle Technician, Car Mechanic or Fitter?Join us before December 31st and receive a £2000 joining bonus! T&Cs apply.
Join us and you’ll be working on a wide variety of cars and light vehicles with the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business.
A critical member of the team, you’ll combine technical knowhow with a focus on quality. You’ll share our focus on achieving the highest standards of vehicle servicing, and meeting DVSA guidelines. Customer safety is paramount and with your experience of delivering service excellence not only will you keep our customers safe, you’ll also build a returning customer base who trust the quality of your work.
Quality is everything at Halfords. And that extends to the training we provide. With access to industry-leading, recognised training linked to your skills and experience you’ll be given every opportunity to progress your career. You’ll have access to hybrid training, ATA accreditation and the MOT Tester qualification. You’ll also have access to a generous bonus scheme and some amazing benefits.
To be a success in this role, you’ll need:
- NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or equivalent, or time served experience
- Experience in a professional workshop, delivering relevant services
- Confidence in carrying out all aspects of vehicle maintenance
- A commitment to achieving targets
- Technical quality control trained
- Health and Safety trained
- Experience of working directly with customers, with a sound approach to customer service
- IT literacy
- A full driving licence with no more than 9 points
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Life insurance
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
National Tyres and Autocare is part of the Halfords family. We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results