Job no: 545185
Work type: Full time
Categories: Mechanic, Autocentre Colleagues
Salary: £30,900 to £34,900 per year
Business Area: National Tyres and Autocare
Realistic OTE of £34,900 per year. Base salary: £30,900 per year. Join us before December 31st and receive a £2000 joining bonus! T&Cs apply.
Experienced MOT Tester? Vehicle Technician / Mechanic wanting to gain MOT Tester status? Join us! With Halfords you’ll work on a wide variety of cars and light vehicles with the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business.
With access to industry-leading, recognised training linked to your skills and experience you’ll be given every opportunity to progress your career. You’ll also have access to a generous bonus scheme and some amazing benefits.
To be a success in this role, you’ll need:
- A valid class 4 or 7 MOT testing licence
- NVQ Level 2, 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent, or time served experience. We’ll train you with an Automotive Technician Accreditation course
You’ll also need:
- A successful track record in a workshop environment
- Confidence and skills in all aspects of vehicle maintenance
- Great communication skills, as you’ll be talking to the team and your customers
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across Health and Safety and quality
- A full driving licence with no more than 9 points
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
National Tyres and Autocare is part of the Halfords family. We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results