Job no: 543815
Work type: Part time, 20 hours per week
Categories: Retail Colleagues
Salary: £8.72 - £11.02 per hour
Business Area: Retail
- Age 22+ £11.02 per hour
- Age 21 £10.78 per hour
- Under 21 £8.72 per hour
Got a passion for all things motoring?
You’ll already have some experience of working with cars, either as a job or as a hobby, but more about that later. Your endless enthusiasm for all things car combined with your knack with customers is what will lead you to success in this role – you’ll be delivering market-leading standards of service, after all.
Working on customers’ vehicles in our car park, you’ll help us wow every customer. A practical problem solver who works quickly and efficiently you already have a confidence with all things motoring. You’ll have some experience of fitting, and we’ll train you to deliver a wide range of expert vehicle fitting services across car parts and technology. Carrying out most of the service and repair work yourself, you'll also help develop other members of the team. We only work to the highest quality standards, just like you.
Ideally, you already have experience in a retail or automotive/mechanic environment, but if you have practical skills and experience of delivering fantastic customer service, we can help you with the rest.
We invest heavily in training to give our colleagues skills to develop their careers, so whatever career path you want to follow and whatever pace you want to progress, we have the support here to help you make your ambitions a reality, whether it’s in Retail or elsewhere in the Group.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience of car parts fitting, including completing basic car maintenance such as bulbs, blades, batteries,
- Experience of sharing expertise with others
- Experience of delivering great customer service ideally in a retail sales or automotive based environment
- A proactive approach to helping customers
- Problem solving skills
- Availability to work on a rota basis, including weekends
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Life insurance
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results