Job no: 537176
Work type: Full time
Salary: £21,736 per year
Business Area: Autocentres
Do you have a passion for all things motor vehicle? And great customer service skills?
Whether you already have experience as a Tyre Fitter or would join us as a Trainee, we’ll give you the training you need to take your career forward.
You’ll be making recommendations to customers, ensuring they leave with exactly what they need, whether this be around tyre quality, tracking or alignment, ensuring the vehicle is safe to use. And you’ll be able to explain it all to your customers in clear and simple terms.
Safety is everything in this role, so you’ll need to be committed to the highest standards of compliance as well as quality workmanship. We’ll train you in all of this as well as how to find tyre, steering and suspension faults and identify solutions.
You’ll be happy to work with targets, in a team, and to work efficiently to enable us to help as many customers as possible.
For success in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience of delivering great customer service face to face and by telephone
- Experience of making recommendations to customers
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
- An interest in working with cars and a passion for all things motoring
- Current full valid driving licence with a maximum of 9 points
- Commitment to learning new skills and develop a career within the tyre industry
Ideally, you’ll also have at least one of the following:
- Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Some experience of working on cars, either as a hobbyist or in a technical capacity
- Experience of working to—and achieving—targets
- Experience with in-house systems
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- 25% off most of our products in Halfords Retail stores and online
- Amazing discounts of up to 60% on your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- At least 25% colleague discount at Tredz
- Life assurance
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee assistance programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results