Job no: 533228
Work type: Full time
Categories: Mechanic, MOT Tester
Salary: £30,000 to £34,000 per year
Business Area: McConechy's
Realistic OTE of £34,000 per year. Base salary: £30,000 per year.
Experienced MOT Tester? Vehicle Technician / Mechanic wanting to gain MOT Tester status? Join us! With McConechy’s, a Halfords company, you’ll work on a wide variety of cars and light vehicles with the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business.
With access to industry-leading, recognised training linked to your skills and experience you’ll be given every opportunity to progress your career. You’ll also have access to a generous bonus scheme and some amazing benefits.
To be a success in this role, you’ll need:
- A valid class 4 and 7 MOT testing licence
- NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent, or time served experience. We’ll train you with an Automotive Technician Accreditation course
You’ll also need:
- A successful track record in a workshop environment
- Confidence and skills in all aspects of vehicle maintenance
- Great communication skills, as you’ll be talking to the team and your customers
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across Health and Safety and quality
- A full driving licence with no more than 9 points
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- 25% off most of our products in Halfords Retail stores and online
- Amazing discounts of up to 60% on your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- At least 25% colleague discount at Tredz
- Life assurance
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee assistance programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results