Job no: 532107
Work type: Full time
Brand: Halfords Support Centre
The Halfords Group offer credit facilities to a variety of customers. The purpose of Credit Control is to maximise the collection of cash to agreed terms, to minimise risk and debt exposure in conjunction with properly measured credit checks, reviews and reporting.
The department is dynamic, expanding and ever changing. As such, the purpose of the role may change over time (e.g. towards greater reporting and analysis rather than document processing).
- Building up a strong commercial relationship with assigned Halfords customers that ensures payment to terms every time
- Contacting credit customers by email and/or phone to request and confirm payments
- Deal with large query volumes to secure payment and avoid payment delay
- Manually raising customer invoices and credit notes from various source data onto customer accounts.
- Perform, review and recommend/decline credit checks to aid the business in limiting risks when offering credit.
- Allocation of all payments from customers daily to ensure accounts are always up to date
- Liaise with other internal business streams to resolve queries
- Sharing all debtors ledgers with relevant departments, asking for assistance where required.
- Completing all customer documentation to ensure swift payment.
- Support the team leader with continuous improvement activities as required.
- Display behaviours in line with Halfords Values
- This role requires both accuracy and speed when processing documentation (primarily invoices and cash allocation).
- Excellent written and oral skills are essential.
- Team engagement skills are vital. It is essential that the successful applicant is able to demonstrate a willingness to support other team members, throughout Financial Shared Services, always. The same support will be assured from the rest of the team.
- A good knowledge of both Excel and Word are required. Experience of SAP and/or Accounts Receivable routines would be advantageous.
- An ability to work to deadlines is essential, especially around period end.
- The office environment is both friendly and lively – it is essential that the successful applicant is comfortable with working in such an environment.
- The Financial Shared Services team has worked hard to achieve a strong reputation both inside and outside the organisation. All team members are expected to participate in the drive for both process and service improvement.
Flexible work from home options available but some travel at times will be required to our support centre in Redditch Worcestershire.
Apply now Back to search results