Cycle Technician - 30 Hours Per Week
Job no: 528513
Work type: Part time
Site: St. Helens
Categories: Retail Colleagues
A Halfords team is a special team, made up of people who are passionate about our products and services and obsessed with giving our customers the very best experience. We’re specialists at what we do – our teams give practical solutions, as well as advising on the very best products to meet our customers’ needs, fitting a range of products to our customers’ cars and bikes.
As a Cycle Technician you will be technically skilled as well as experienced at giving great customer service, ensuring we wow every Halfords customer. This role is critical in delivering market leading standards of cycle service and repair, working on kids, adult, premium, performance and electric cycles. Carrying out most of this work yourself, you'll also oversee the training of other members of the team. This work is carried out in store to the highest quality standards, and your expertise at practical problem solving and working quickly and efficiently will ensure our customers never want to shop elsewhere!
Ideally, you already have experience in a retail or cycle services environment, but if you can demonstrate expert practical skills and experience of tailoring your approach in a customer focused sales environment, we can help you with the rest.
We look after our colleagues as well as we look after our customers, so whether you have ambitions to progress on to a management role in our shops, or elsewhere across the Group of Halfords companies, we will help you to fulfil your potential.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of giving customers the right solution for their needs
- An interest in our range of products and services
- The ability to communicate with all types of customers and colleagues
- The ability to understand customer needs
- A proactive approach to helping customers
- Experience of service, building and repair across a range of cycles (we work on kids, adult, premium and electric bikes)
- Experience of delivering great customer service, ideally in a retail or cycle services environment
- Experience of sharing expertise with others
- Experience of planning and prioritising
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working towards and achieving sales targets
- Availability to work on a rota basis, including weekends
As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Colleague discount of up to 25% across the Group
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Fantastic deals across a range of other retailers, travel providers, and more
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support
- Trade Price Bike Scheme
- Option to join our Share Save and Cycle2Work schemes
Join the UK and Ireland’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results