Social Media Manager
Job no: 526603
Work type: Full time
The social media manager is responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy for the Halfords Group across Paid and Organic Social channels with a considerable budget management responsibility. It reports into the Senior Group Media Manager with responsibility for a Social Media Executive.
This is an important, hands-on role within the marketing department, working cross-functionally to ensure consistent channel excellence and innovation as well as ensuring that that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximised. The role will be responsible for ensuring that performance reporting is shared with key stakeholders across the group – including finance, category and business owners across the Group including retail, autocentres, Halfords mobile expert vans and McConechy’s Garages.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the execution of all relevant social media channels, with a particular focus on growing our paid social activity. Employing strong platform knowledge and a curiosity for innovation as well as performance. With the ability to carry out deep analysis and drive optimisation and flawless testing plans with partners.
- Developing and leading the Halfords Group organic social strategy to ensure it aligns with commercial and marketing objectives.
- Growing our paid social activity through a test and learn strategy to meet agreed KPIs
- Working closely with the content team and lead the content strategy on social whilst ensuring we are developing content which is optimised towards each social channel
- Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered and proactively looking for both tactical and strategic optimisation opportunities.
- Developing strong internal relationships and leading communications with these stakeholders to build trust.
- Using judgement to ensure that key stakeholders are managed with timely and pertinent information.
- Be the subject matter expert within Marketing on all things social that drives sales and revenue, taking responsibility for performance commentary and weekly reporting,
- Ensuring adherence to all channel best practices within social, and development of our social media strategy across the Group.
- Managing budgets, forecasting, and launching new campaigns and initiatives
- Keep abreast of industry developments across social channels to maintain expert-level knowledge across all relevant platforms.
- Take responsibility for the data integrity within our social media channels, including working with different functions, when necessary to troubleshoot tracking and feed issues.
- Foster a good working relationship between agency partners to facilitate timely execution of plans
- Sharing successes and recognition for jobs well done
- Proven experience managing paid social strategies, client or agency-side and with at least 5 years’ experience ideally in retail or other fast-moving business
- Knowledge of attribution modelling and a hunger to prove ROI
- Experience with planning and running large-scale paid social campaigns, across multiple categories or multiple brands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all platforms
- Exceptional organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to implement and meet deadlines and project manage multiple campaigns
- Excellent stakeholder management and management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- A motivational manager, with high energy and tenacity leading by example while encouraging and coaching others
- Ability to lead and motivate team members in a positive light
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
Please note - we are open to location on this role but some travel to our support centre in Reddtich Worcestershire will be required at times.
Apply now Back to search results