Job no: 526532
Work type: Full time
Categories: Central Support
Location: United Kingdom, Worcestershire
Understanding the true cost of the Value Chain is an increasingly important area of focus for the Halfords Group as we seek to deliver the optimal net cost-to-serve for all product areas. Achieving this will deliver significant cost benefits to the business, increase value to our customers and drive bottom line performance.
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of the Goods For Resale (GFR) Value Chain cost reduction programme through provision of timely analysis, insight and reports to commercial trading teams which buyers use to reduce product cost prices, improve supplier terms and reduce costs-to-serve by improving the “end-to-end” value chain.
The role would suit an individual with keen passion for problem-solving; who has advanced Microsoft Excel skills; and who is looking for a commercially focused role in a high performing commercial team. This is a role where you can have a real and long-term positive impact on the business.
- Strategy: Support the Senior Value Chain Manager in the development and maintenance of the GFR Value Chain strategy and business plans in line with Halfords Group strategy, financial and corporate social responsibility objectives.
- Commercial Insight: Support the development and maintenance of appropriate value chain commercial insight as a key advisory role to the buying team, establishing capability to identify and deliver commercial opportunities through:
- Terms management
- ‘Deal’ History
- Commodities and Currency
- Cost modelling/Value Chain Mapping
- Sourcing Routes
- Value Engineering
- E-Auction and E-tendering
- Systems & Process: Working cross-functionally support the translation of moderate to complex business needs into required Value Chain Analytics deliverables, including:
- Data discovery, data mining and deriving insights from analysis of data.
- Understand and maintain a listing of our suite of Value Chain Analytics reporting and other Excel-based tools, used both within and outside of the department.
- Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners, including Buying, Supply Chain and Finance to identify needs, goals, data sources and analytic models.
- Performing development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code/reports, to testing and release/deployment.
- KPI’s and reporting: Develop reports, dashboards, and other Value Chain Analytics deliverables using Excel and other tools to meet commercial needs. Participate in maintaining and improving Value Chain Analytics reports, development practices, standards, procedures and controls. Prepare reports and Powerpoint presentations to stakeholders and management. Ensure the government of rebates and other supplier funding is obtained through up to date reporting of Terms & Conditions and Rebate agreements.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively develop new Value Chain Analytics solutions as necessary to meet the needs of a fast-moving Retail business. Continually look for ways to improve the way we do things in Value Chain.
Process orientated and with a sound business acumen, the jobholder assists in the retrieval and presentation of data in line with requirements, as well as its interpretation, facilitating the valuable insight required to achieve the business objectives.
- Advanced Office 365 proficiency particularly Excel, Sharepoint, Teams and their integrations.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to manipulate large amounts of information from numerous sources.
- A keen interest in and ability to quickly grasp, commercial and supply systems and processes.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Experience in a fast-moving commercial FMCG environment.
- Experience within a Commercial Analyst role where you will have experience in reporting, co-ordinating business analytics, and data analysis.
- Experience of wide cross functional stakeholder collaboration and influencing to Head of Dept level.
- Experience working with self-service analytics and reporting tools (i.e. PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Process oriented with attention to detail.
- A passion to learn with an inquisitive nature.
- A continuous improvement mind-set. Constantly looking for ways to better things.
- Lives the Halfords values
Flexible work from home options available. It is likely that that each week at least some working time will be required at the Halfords Support Centre, Redditch.
Applications close - Monday October 18th 2021
Apply now Back to search results