Health and Safety Business Partner
Job no: 509606
Work type: Full time
As a Health and Safety Business Partner you'll play a key role to provide competent Environment, Health & Safety guidance and support to our, Logistics Operations, Support Centre and Retail portfolio.
To support and provide specialist legislative compliance advice to the business and lead/support the continued development of a management system and associated/supporting documents and systems.
- Provide competent advice on all Environment, Health and Safety issues.
- Develop & Support implementation of company policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Develop and revise current or new risk assessments and safe operating practices
- Lead and carry out internal audit programme
- Lead and support incident investigations
- Lead and support the continued development of the Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and agenda for the business.
- Interpret and investigate all Enforcement regulatory authority challenges and reconcile officer expectations with company policy
- Offer competent Health, Safety and Environmental advice to Halfords Management
- Support & participate in team/corporate/DC/Logistics/Support Centre/Transportation EH&S projects & strategy.
- NEBOSH Certificate and Suitable Environmental Qualification
- Membership of IOSH & IEMA (or working towards)
- Full driving license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant UK EH&S and fire legislation and codes of practice.
- Able to work on own initiative and re-prioritise rapidly in line with changing circumstances.
- Able to work as part of a small supportive team, listening to other opinions, communicating own views.
- Able to take pragmatic but robust decisions on appropriate risk reduction practice.
- Able to identify need for documented details and record action and decisions accordingly.
- Able to negotiate, empathise and influence internal and external contacts with widely different agendas.
- Experience of E,H&S processes and legislation (Willingness to train to suitable level)
- Experience of multi-site EH&S role
- Experience of developing and implementing Environmental, Health and Safety policies and documents
- At least five years in a similar role.
- Able to summarise written reports in concise clear manner.
- Knowledge of fire safety
- Qualification in training and presenting
*FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR UP TO 12 MONTHS*
Apply now Back to search results