Finance Assistant Accounts Payable
Job no: 508808
Work type: Full time
As a Finance Assistant Accounts Payable you'll play avital role to assist the team in ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly, on time, in full such that supplies to Halfords Autocentres are not disrupted and the appropriate financial records reflect all associated transactions correctly as well as supporting the Team Leader as detailed in the responsibilities below.
The role will be undertaken as part of a team of approximately 4 people. The department is dynamic and ever changing. As such, the purpose of the role may change over time (e.g. towards greater reporting and analysis rather than document processing).
- Build strong commercial relationships with supplier base to avoid service impact.
- Purchase invoice processing.
- Raising of purchase orders and goods receipting of invoices requesting payment against correct purchase orders.
- Resolution of all queries arising as a result of activity on the Accounts Payable ledger. This will involve research/liaison with both suppliers and colleagues throughout Halfords Autocentres business. This will be via email, phone and face-to-face.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements and investigate any spurious balances.
- Analysis of vendor use- including OTV, Procurement card and assisting Category teams with supplier compliance across all Autocentres.
- Payment processing and allocation, including BACS and DD
- Payment query resolution
- Data preparation for Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Procurement card transaction coding and journal preparation
- Investigation of historic balances across the ledger
- Clearing bank clearing accounts and processing journals
- Support the assigned Team Leader with Continuous Improvement activities and other day to day tasks as required.
- This role requires a high level of accuracy given the nature of the role
- Team skills are vital. It is essential that the successful applicant can demonstrate a willingness to support other team members, throughout Shared Services, always. The same support will be assured from the rest of the team.
- A good knowledge of both Excel and Word are required. Experience of SAP and/or Accounts Payable would be advantageous.
- An ability to work to deadlines is essential.
- Good organisational skills
- The office environment is both friendly and lively – it is essential that the successful applicant is comfortable with working in such an environment.
- Strong communication skill- especially with key stakeholders
- The Shared Services team has worked hard to achieve a strong reputation both inside and outside the organisation (twice listed as finalists in Shared Service Centre of the Year). All team members are expected to participate in the drive for both process and service improvement.
- Display behaviours in line with Halfords Values.
Apply now Back to search results