Category Marketing Executive
Job no: 508408
Work type: Full time
As a Marketing Executive’s you'll be a key colleague to help lead the execution of category activity across all marketing and digital channels, creating and delivering marketing plans. You will need to build strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders from across the business, and work cross-functionally to develop new ideas for each product launch. You will be required to think creatively to come up with solutions to customer and operational challenges to improve customer experience. Your role will require you to work closely with our creative agencies, writing and delivering clear, insight driven creative and in-store briefs, that deliver against customer and commercial KPIs. You are responsible for managing and tracking the delivery of Range Review and Category projects, ensuring the best possible customer experience.
*12 Month Fixed Term Contract*
- Actively seek to understand Category Trading Teams objectives and product ranges to develop ideas to help shape the range review implementation and marketing plan.
- Build strong relationships with the Category Trading Team, being the champion for the category.
- Brief and use customer insight and competitor knowledge to map customer journeys, identifying customer pain points and deliver new content and comms.
- Analyse category insight with the Customer Insight team to make category recommendations and ensure marketing comms are aligned with customer needs.
- Write customer led Creative Agency briefs focusing on Halfords right to win.
- Organise the collation of category data and insight from across the business and be responsible for providing a comprehensive Category Brief to ensure aligned objectives, marketing comms and multi-channel activity.
- Take ownership of assigned emails and associated content within the annual email plan to ensure they are customer first and result in increased engagement/click rate YOY.
- Produce and communicate engaging marketing plans in the appropriate format to relevant stakeholders.
- Build strong and trusted cross-functional relationships with category, ops, marketing, digital, finance, IT, space planning and merchandising to deliver aligned range reviews.
- Build relationships with key suppliers to pitch for supplier funding to support additional marketing activity and drive category sales.
- Lead the marketing and digital post-implementation review of range review activity, to ensure learnings are captured and fed into future activity plans.
- Be responsible for managing and tracking the implementation of Range Reviews for the Customer Team to ensure on time delivery. Proactively identify potential execution issues and address these with the relevant teams prior to any launch.
- Drive cost and efficiency improvements by owning and continuously improving the end-to-end marketing range review process to ensure on-time and effective range review delivery.
- Maintain the Marketing Annual Activity Plan for Range Reviews, building a strong relationship with the Range Planning Team to ensure that all range review activity is documented at the relevant time in the plan.
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing or a category role.
- Experience of effective cross functional working
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and pressurised environment, with experience in managing multiple projects at any one time.
- Proactive attitude with a motivation to challenge the status quo and propose new creative ideas.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Good written communication skills. Previous brief writing experience preferable.
- Good verbal presentation skills, with experience presenting to groups.
- Good influencing skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to analyse customer insight to inform decision making.
- Ability to use PowerPoint.
*12 Month Fixed Term Contract*
Apply now Back to search results