Job no: 506301
Work type: Full time
Categories: Auto Technician, Mechanic
Mobile Technicians / Fitters enjoy a mobile role using their expertise to deliver fantastic customer experience in the field. Join us and enjoy working with a national chain offering industry leading recognised training linked to your skills and experience.
Receiving bookings through a smartphone App you’ll pick up stock centrally and drive to customers’ homes/workplaces to carry out booked jobs, working to the highest technical and safety standards. Once complete, you’ll gain customer feedback and if no other jobs are booked in, will return back to the Hub where you will have jobs booked to complete.
Most jobs will be tyre repair or replacement, oil and filter changes, battery replacement, bulbs and wiper blades, Aircon, diagnostic checks, and window screen chip repair.
You’ll be responsible for the safe keeping – and driving - of the Halfords Mobile Expert van and all equipment, and will:
• Have experience of providing great face to face customer service
• Be a self-starter, able to act on own initiative and identify the best way forward
• Have experience of tyre fitting
• Have a full driving licence with no more than 6 points
• Have an understanding of Health & Safety regulations and practices.
This role is full time, 44 hours per week, working 8am-8pm on a rota basis
• Competitive salary with bonus paid based on Customer Service feedback and jobs completed
• Pension scheme
• 25% colleague discount
• Access to a wide range of discounts on everyday goods, financial products and services.
• Van and tools are provided for use during shifts, and kept at the Hub when not on duty
Halfords Autocentres has over 300 locations nationwide, and with our expanding national Mobile Expert service provision we are one of the UK’s leading MOT, car service, brakes, repairs and tyres specialists. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Apply now Back to search results