Auto Technician Apprenticeships - Various Locations
Job no: 530707
Work type: Full time
Site: All locations
Categories: Auto Technician, Autocentre Colleagues
Business Area: Autocentres
An apprentice in one of the 300+ Halfords Autocentres is unlike anything you will find in a traditional service business. Within our Autocentres no two days are ever the same. You can expect to encounter almost any make or model of car for almost every piece of work you can think of; from servicing, inspections to the more complex repair work, engine rebuilds and diagnostics work.
A successful Halfords Autocentre Apprentice is adaptable, flexible and enjoys the challenge of resolving new problems every day.
You will be customer focused with sharp attention to detail as well as the ability to listen to and learn from you college lecturers, colleagues and mentors to gain the skills to diagnose and repair vehicles to the highest standard.
The nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
The day-to-day tasks faced by an automotive technician are constantly changing, driven by the introduction of ever more complex technologies and diagnostic techniques.
Today’s apprentice has to demonstrate expertise in the technical and diagnostic side of their role.
You must have strong problem-solving skills and a good grasp of the theoretical and practical aspects of a vehicle’s systems.
You must be able to work independently but also operate as an effective team member, understand how their workshop and the Autocentre functions from a commercial perspective.
• Autocentre Opening Hours - 0800 -1800 (6/7 days per week)
• 5 day working week including 1 day at college (day release)
• Total hours per week: 40.00 for up to 18 and 44 hrs for over 18 years
For the right candidate this position will offer
• 30 days holiday rising to 33 days
• Constant variety of vehicles to work on
• Variety of career development opportunities
• Life assurance
• Discount high street shopping scheme
• Great benefits including, a very generous colleague discount scheme, pension, to name a few of our amazing Company benefits.
An amazing opportunity with one of the Top 25 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for.
What will I learn?
During the course of the programme apprentices will gain the knowledge and skills required to help them become competent technicians in the workplace. Topics covered begin with workplace safety, engineering skills
and leading on to vehicle inspection and servicing, maintenance, repair and diagnosing faults around the engine, chassis and electrical systems.
What qualification or qualities are required?
• GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C or above (Or Equivalents)
• Very key to this role is a friendly, helpful, team-orientated person with a strong desire to build a career as an Auto Vehicle Technician.
• Interest in cars and solving problems
• Able to use hands and have a strong and fit attitude to work due to the manual work involved
• Knowledge of motor vehicle maintenance
• Enjoys working and fixing problems with cars
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Those who enjoy the practical application of knowledge and skills are especially likely to have an aptitude for the work.
• Interested in the way vehicles operate and the potential to research, analyse and solve problems; organised, methodical and pays attention to detail;
• Able to work in a team and to communicate well both orally and in writing; cares about delivering excellent service – both internally and externally to colleagues and customers
• Able to demonstrate general analytical and mechanical skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn.
• A successful Halfords Autocentre Apprentice is adaptable, flexible and enjoys the challenge of resolving new problems every day. You will be customer focused with sharp attention to detail as well as the ability to listen to and learn from you college lecturers and colleagues/mentors to gain the skills to diagnose and repair vehicles to the highest standard.
Apply now Back to search results