Property Portfolio Surveyor
Job no: 501767
Work type: Full time
As a Property Portfolio Surveyor you will be a key asset in supporting the Group Property Portfolio Manager implement the property portfolio strategy to effectively serve the customers of the Halfords Group.
Support in the direct property management of a specific geography or format, ensuring all property costs are minimised, high quality estate management practices are maintained, properties are correctly sized and located to meet our customer needs and the people, data, supplier and process management is effective for this purpose.
The current portfolio consists of 465 retail stores, 311 Halfords Autocentres and 20 Cycle Republic stores.
*Can be remotely based with travel to our Redditch Support Centre 1 or 2 days a week.
- Support in delivering property plans for your specific properties in accordance with the Group property strategy.
- Support the annual budgeting process and ensure that your own property costs are managed within agreed budgets.
- In accordance with an agreed strategy, both acting on our own and utilising external consultants, manage the day to portfolio management activities including rent reviews, lease renewals, estate management issues, relocations, rightsizes, re-gears and acquisitions.
- Where required and in accordance with agreed governance process support in the preparation of all relevant reports and documentation required to support any changes to opex or required capital expenditure.
- Be responsible for the required databases to support and enable the day to day workload and effective processing of payments. Ensure high quality estate management processes are maintained by the whole team.
- Working with landlords, agents and our external suppliers ensure the provision of the correct location, format and size of property to optimise sales and minimise cost. Ensure all relevant consents are in place to support any changes to the property portfolio.
- Be pro-active in the management and disposal of sublet space, surplus space and non-trading properties as required.
- To negotiate all property transactions in a commercial and timely manner and to obtain the best terms available.
- Ideally 2/3 years RICS PQE or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience of lease renewal negotiations with a good grasp of the L&T 1954 Act
- Experience of al aspects of estate management including rent reviews.
- Experience of a large multi-site commercial organisation preferred.
- A strong negotiator with commercial acumen.
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate thoughtfully and concisely (written and verbally).
- Tenacious and driven individual who is pragmatic and a good problem solver.
- Strong team worker and cross-functional working skills.
- Ability to influence senior managers and stakeholders.
- Must have full UK driving licence
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Willing to travel with some overnight stays
Apply now Back to search results