Job no: 496732
Work type: Full time
Note: (Maternity Cover - 13 months)
Halfords are looking to recruit a passionate and ambitious SEO Executive (Maternity Cover) to support the SEO Manager in continually improving the organic search performance of the Halfords group website, supporting with the implementation of SEO strategy elements ensuring we continually identify and improve our organic exposure.
Your need to be able to work cross functionally within the Marketing, Media team, category teams,digital and marketing agencies to support the delivery of the SEO strategy while supporting the strategic marketing objectives and category plans.
- Conduct keyword research to identify new opportunities to support the growth of the Halfords organic profile
- Carry out competitor research to identify link building opportunities and content insights
- Monitor ranking performance across landing pages within Google to ensure we can make continually improvements to organic traffic
- Complete weekly and monthly performance reports using platforms such as Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Provide insights and key search terms to relevant teams to help produce SEO-friendly content
- Identify key areas for improvements to help drive SEO performance on a continuous basis providing insights to relevant teams while being confident in creating core on-page SEO Elements (Page Titles, Meta Descriptions, SEO Content)
- Identify opportunities to improve the internal website structure using internal linking
- Carry out a range of link building activities to drive the overall performance of landing pages within the Halfords website.
- Identify key outreach opportunities to help profile the overall online exposure and outreach various content
- Create a varied approach to link building to ensure we have a pipeline of prospects to approach (Broken Link Building, Partner Sites, eCommerce SEO etc)
- Ability to create a clear local link building plan to improve performance of local retail stores (Citation Development, Partnerships, Online PR)
- Think of creative ways to encourage shares and links to Halfords content, assets and web pages.
- Ability to conduct link outreach to 3rd party sites building strong website relationships
- Research and inform content needed to drive traffic from and on-site perspective
- Finding technical SEO issues and helping the SEO Manager to brief these into relevant support agencies
- Work on the bug reporting process between the SEO team and product teams using Jira helping solve issues at a global level
- A good understanding of all aspects of on-site and off-site SEO
- Positive attitude, flexible, can work collaboratively
- Have a creative flare to help influence and devise larger content marketing ideas
- Experience using Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with other aspects of digital marketing
- Be a keen team player – with the ability to work cross functionally within a business
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical mind-set
This role will require you to work cross functional with Marketing, Digital, Trading and the Digital Agencies. You will be accountable for providing a sound and supported view of SEO across all of these teams while ensuring Halfords.com are making continual improvements in line with recommendations and insights provided.
Apply now Back to search results