PR & Partnerships Manager
Job no: 496131
Work type: Full time
This role brings together PR, CSR, Community, Social Media and Partnerships with a great mix of strategic thinking and hands on activity.
Working cross functionally within Marketing and closely alongside category teams and marketing agencies to deliver a PR, Social and Community plans that support the strategic business and communications objectives.
Ultimately the role will attract new customers to Halfords and drive long term value of existing customers driving profitable sales for the business in the long and short term.
This role sits within the wider Advertising, Digital Marketing and PR team as part of the overall customer team.
Working cross functionally within Marketing and closely alongside category teams and marketing agencies to deliver PR, Social and Partnership plans that support the strategic communications and wider business objectives.
- A lead role within the Advertising, Digital Marketing and PR Team accountable for the development and delivery of PR and Social Media plans to support the business objectives of reinforcing our category specialist positions in motoring and cycling.
- Leading relevant partnership activity and campaigns across the business
- Leading our PR agency partner on the development and delivery of relevant campaigns and events, press releases and flashes to promote the Halfords brand, strategic priorities, products, ranges and interests.
- Leading our Social Media agency partners on the development of strategic and creative plans to drive customer engagement and profitable sales
- Spot and leverage opportunities and partnerships with third parties to ultimately drive awareness and demand of Halfords products and services.
- Leading the integration of PR & Social media activity along with working collaboratively with other internal colleagues and agency partners to drive activity and ensure that plans are aligned across all Marketing, Digital and customer teams
- Protecting the brand through crisis management - work closely with customer services and other stakeholders from across the business such as ops, digital & legal to gather the key facts and manage the internal communication and holding statement development process.
- Growing stakeholder engagement through effective corporate PR campaigns and public affairs activity
- Drive LFL improvements in share of voice, key messages, as well as product reviews
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure PR opportunities are optimised to support and deliver SEO targets
- Development of an outreach programme for bloggers, working closely with SEO and social team to drive integration
- Represent Halfords with media and other bodies /partners as appropriate
- Development of our charity and community partnerships along with CSR programmes including bike recycling donations, partnership with the NSPCC and Scout Association
- Inputting into CSR Committee programmes; providing content and updates around CSR programmes and sustainability targets
- Leading all PR and Social budget management, processes and systems
- Raising profile and priority of PR and social with key stakeholders across the business Leading PR & Social monitoring and evaluation
- Managing a team of 3 – Social Media Manager, Social Media Exec, PR and Social Exec
- Occasional requirement to work out of hours during exceptional PR related situations
- Supporting wider marketing function where required
- A minimum of 4 years’ PR & Social experience operating management level
- A strong track record of devising PR plans and campaigns, driving positive PR to increase footfall and sales online and in-store
- Experience in driving the integration of PR and Social Media
- A strong track record of building and maintaining relationships with the media, as well internal and external stakeholders
- A strong sense of what makes news, with creative flair to ensure Halfords Group stands out
- A track record of devising successful plans to maximise relationships with partners and associated partners to benefit wider Group
- PR and Social Media experience in retail environment ideal
- Strategic thinker
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with tenacity, drive and appetite to continually raise the bar
- Strong planning skills
- Strong writing, interpersonal and cross-functional working skills to manage teams and agency partners
- Gravitas and confidence when presenting to and working at Director level
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and use of initiative to do a great job
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage numerous projects at any one time
- Ability to work at pace, with flexibility and to build and maintain strong relationships
- Competent in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong writing skills
- Commercial and results driven
Apply now Back to search results