Job no: 496130
Work type: Full time
This role brings together PR, CSR, Community, Social Media and Partnerships with a great mix of planning and activation supporting the PR, Social & Partnerships Manager.
Working cross functionally within Marketing and closely alongside category teams and marketing agencies to deliver a PR, Social and Partnership plans that support the strategic business and communications objectives.
Ultimately the role will attract new customers to Halfords and drive long term value of existing customers driving profitable sales for the business in the long and short term.
This role sits within the wider Advertising, Digital Marketing and PR team as part of the overall customer team.
Working cross functionally within Marketing and closely alongside category teams and marketing agencies to deliver PR, Social and Partnership plans that support the strategic communications and wider business objectives.
- Supporting the PR, Social & Partnerships manager on the development and delivery of PR and Social Media plans to support the business objectives of reinforcing our category specialist positions in motoring and cycling.
- Ensuring that all PR and Social related plans are fully integrated with the wider marketing plans to support key campaigns and priorities
- Working closely with Digital Marketing team to ensure PR activity & social media content plans are supporting SEO targets
Supporting on the writing and editing of appropriate press releases, events and campaign material along with supporting social media content where appropriate
- Researching and writing topical content for monthly internal magazine
- Helping to protect the brand through crisis management - work closely with customer services and other stakeholders from across the business such as ops, digital & legal to gather the key facts and manage the internal communication and holding statement development process. Owning the management and communication of social media activity through this process.
- Supporting on growing stakeholder engagement through effective corporate PR campaigns and public affairs activity
- Responsible for the delivery and management of our charity and community partnerships, including the NSPCC, Scout Partnership and ongoing requests for charitable support
- Feeding in to monthly PR evaluation process to keep key stakeholders updated on media coverage on a daily basis
- Support PR, Social & Partnerships Manager with the management of day to day agency relationships and systems, including approval of key PR materials, PR evaluation reports and product sample, courier and bike build requirements
- Supporting social media team where required especially during campaign periods and joint activities.
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Cross functional communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage numerous projects at any one time
- Ability to work at pace, with flexibility and to build and maintain strong relationships
- Competent with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong writing skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a junior PR role
Apply now Back to search results